The OFTEC course (OFT21-504A) is deigned to cover the installation, commissioning, servicing & maintenance of Air Source Heat Pumps installed in domestic applications for the purposes of space and water heating, in accordance with manufacturers instructions, industry codes of practice, relevant British & European Standards and National & European legislative requirements.
The above OFTEC Scheme is recognised by MCS.
Category 1 candidates will be required to hold:
- original certificate(s) for the assessment(s) they wish to undertake
- current and valid Water Regulations certificate
- current and valid Unvented Hot Water certificate
Category 2 candidates will:
- undertake heat pump training at an OFTEC Approved Training Centre
- hold current and valid Water Regulations certificate
- hold current and valid Unvented Hot Water certificate
- hold a nationally recognised qualification and/or registration in a trade associated with heating and/or plumbing work for a period not less than two years
- provide employer evidence of ‘on the job’ heating installation and/or maintenance experience for a period of not less than two years
Category 3 applicants are:
- new to the heating industry and will be without a recognised qualification or experience
- required to obtain experience with a competent person (CPS) and/or Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) installation business who are willing to provide auditable ‘on the job’ training. The training must be a minimum of six months, and incorporate as a minimum, five completed installations
- required to undertake at least one heat pump manufacturers training course for installation and commissioning. Completion certificates must be provided
- required to undertake heat pump training at an OFTEC Approved Training Centre
- required to hold current and valid Water Regulations certificate
- required to hold current and valid Unvented Hot Water certificate
Assessments consist of a combination of practical and theory examinations. OFTEC will be notified of certification results.
Certificates are valid for 5 years. Candidates are eligible to undertake re-assessment up to 6 months prior to the expiry date of the initial certificate. Previous certificates must be presented to the assessment centre as evidence.
This information is intended to provide an overview of the scheme. For further details of cost, duration and availability, please contact your nearest or preferred centre.